- A Need (Christ died for us and we have a great NEED for salvation). This will more than likely be socks for the boys because they are both in desparate need of unstained, untorn socks :)
- A Gift (Christ's death and resurrection was the greatest gift that has ever been given to mankind). Brayden's getting a mini basketball hoop set (one that you can suction to a window) and Connor's getting a hotwheels race car.
- Peeps. Baby chicks are a great representation of new life, and new life is greatly symbolic of both the risen Lord but also our new life in Christ when we accept Jesus as our Savior.
- Chocolate Cross. This is pretty self explanatory... I'm a big fan of the chocolate crosses as opposed to the chocolate bunnies because it's a great conversation starter when your child is sitting still eating chocolate.
- Goldfish (Jesus instructed us to be fishers of men, and I want our boys to remember that we are to tell people the good news that Jesus died on the cross and rose again all for US!)
- Stuffed Lamb (Jesus was the lamb of God that took away the sins of the world). So far I have been unsuccessful in finding a stuffed lamb that is relatively inexpensive (under $5), so this one may not make the basket.
- Easter eggs. I'm keeping this just because it's traditional. Eggs are supposed to symbolize our new life in Christ because a new creation comes from the egg (a chick), but sadly this has become so wildly secularized that I feel like that meaning is harder to convey to the kids than the other things.
Baseball…Cancelled or Still On?
1 day ago