Today marks one month of you being on this earth. I'll go ahead and admit that I'm clinging to every day a bit tighter this go 'round. I feel like I finally can see through this foggy stage of newborn nights and millions of poopy diapers, to realize that time indeed does travel fast, and before I know it you won't be a rolly polly baby who wants only to snuggle. If I could freeze time, I certainly would. You are definitely a sweet baby and I'm enjoying every minute that you're little.
::1 month summary::
- weighed 8.5lbs and was 20.5 inches long at just under 3 weeks old. I have no idea how much he weighs at just over 4 weeks, but I'd venture to say it's at least 10 pounds.
- wears mostly 0-3 month clothes (some newborn stuff still fits, but it's getting snug).
- wears size 1 diapers. He can wear Huggies and Pampers interchangeably, which is nice since we got so many diapers as gifts.
- exclusively breastfed, but takes a bottle like a champ (we're using Tommee Tippee bottles and Similac bottles). He eats every 3 hours during the day, and wakes up twice during the night (usually at 2:30 and 5:30).
- He has tried to suck his thumb since he came out of the womb, but I have battled it with a vengeance. I feel like I'm finally gaining traction with him and a paci. He pretty much has to have the paci all the time now, especially to go to sleep. I know a lot of people will say that this is not a positive thing, but after having a baby who LOVED a paci (Brayden) and one who never too one (Connor), I can vouch that the paci helps A LOT and I for one am a big BIG fan.
- takes atleast 3 naps a day. I'm not really tracking naps and a schedule that much, other than just making sure we follow eat/wake/sleep.
- I started letting him nap in his crib on his tummy. I was SO hesitant to do this, but he won't really nap any other way (unless it's on me), and I just have too much to do during the day to lay on the couch. Sometimes he'll nap in the swing or baby carrier too.
- He has really "woken up" from his newborn slumber this past week, and will focus intently on objects/people.
- Given nicknames include: T.Paul, Ty Ty, Ty, Booger, Boo, and of course, the boys both call him "baby Tywee", so we sometimes even call him that :)