And of all the things I've learned in parenting over the past 4 years is that life is fleeting. My days with babies can be so, so hard and exhausting. But in the grand scheme of parenting, it is but a tiny moment.
His little personality has come out and it is AWESOME. After having a third child, I am confident that Drew and I produce the most social children ever created. Tyler is happy and content if people are around him. He loves to watch his brothers play, and kicks his little legs whenever he sees them out having fun.
:: 3 Month Highlights ::
- 15.5lbs, 24 inches long.
- wearing size 3 diapers all the time now (we just ran out of size 2's today).
- wearing an assortment of clothes sizes. Size 3-6 months is getting pretty snug in a lot of his outfits, so I've pretty much gone to 6 months and 6-9 month clothing.
- He's finally fell into a pretty predictable schedule, which makes everyone happy. Right now he eats 6 times a day, every 3 hours. He stays awake for about an hour, and will take a nap in the morning, one in the afternoon and a cat nap before dinner. He's awake longest before bedtime (usually about 1.5 hrs).
- He's still getting breastmilk exclusively, although he gets a lot of bottles. I went through a rough patch of breastfeeding this past month, and we just figured it was best for all involved for me to pump a lot more than feed. Out of his 6 feeds in a day, atleast 2-3 of them are actually nursing. When he takes a bottle, he takes anywhere from 4-6 ounces.
- He is FINALLY sleeping through the night (PRAISE JESUS!). This means that I don't feel like a walking zombie.
- His naps are hit and miss. He still sleeps primarily in the swing for naptime. Past Lindsey would have FREAKED OUT about this scenario. Present Lindsey realizes that there are limitations that one must face when being the mother of 3 children. Momma aint got no time to be trying to figure out optimal waketimes, when to swaddle, how high to turn on the sound machine, etc, during the day with no one else around to make sure the bigs don't do something to (a)destroy the house and/or (b) injure themselves. If a swing is where Ty will nap in peace and everyone else is allowed to remain unscathed, he'll nap in the swing.
- Smiles & coos up a storm. He's also found his feet, although he hasn't realized he can grab them yet.
- rolls from tummy to back and is trying really hard to roll from back to tummy.
We love you Tyler Paul, and are so grateful that God has given us the gift of your life!