Tuesday, June 29, 2010

18 Weeks & A Sick Baby

Today is 18 weeks into this second pregnancy of mine. I feel absolutely fantastic. Well, other than the fact that I have to pee about twice an hour, it's hard for me to sleep on my stomach now, and I get heartburn if I eat anything that has even the remotest hint of acid in it. Yes, other than that, my pregnancy is going fabulously. I had my 18 week OB appointment. I was taken back within 3 minutes of sitting down, but sat in the exam room for what felt like 30 before being seen. I love my OB. She's 10 weeks post partum from twins. It's fun now that she's had children. We talked today about how this stage of pregnancy is so much fun. Feeling the baby move, having a little bump (although I can only imagine that at 18 weeks she was a bit bigger than I, since she carried two little bundles of joy!). The baby's heartrate was at 144... same as the last appointment. I am thinking this is a bit lower than Brayden's was at this stage, but have to go back and check.

Brayden woke up from his nap today with two gooky eyes. Upon calling our nurseline they advised me to call his pediatrician's office because they think he has pink eye. Lovely! Her advise was to use warm compresses, frequent hand washing and make sure he keeps his hands out of his face. I understand that those things seem necessary, but to a 15 month old, asking him to keep his hands out of his face is like asking someone without legs to walk. It's just not going to happen. I think one of the most frustrating things about infancy is not knowing how to handle illness. They can't TELL you what hurts, itches or burns. But it's obvious something is wrong. And then trying to decide if it's worth going to the doctor.... the great debate! Fortunately it turned out to be a good thing that we decided to go in. While my little man was happy as a lark, waving at the doctors and nurses, walking up and down the hallway, his eye infection was found to be secondary to a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! Poor baby! I had NO idea. He's slept fine, acted normal, etc. The doc said that if I had let it go he probably would have not slept through the night tonight. We got a round of antibiotics to ward off all of the infection, and hopefully he'll be back to 100% in a few days. I think I honestly caught it early enough to not be in too bad of shape, because as the afternoon wore on it started getting worse. I definitely think if I had waited till tomorrow we'd be telling a different tale as far as Brayden's demeanor goes.

Needless to say I've had a whirlwind of a day today, driving here there and everywhere. I am thankful for a peaceful night of blog designing and tv watching. Oh, and I almost forgot-- we found a dresser/changing table combo on craigslist for $25!!! It needs new knobs and a possible paint job, but we are SO excited to get what we were looking for for so cheap. God definitely provided yet again for our family... I feel SO blessed!

A Dollop of My Life Copyright © 2007 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger