Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Little Shamrocks.

(If you missed my post earlier about the new blog hop I'm hosting tomorrow, don't forget to check it out!)

Despite the never ending sickness that seems to abound in our home these days, I still dressed up the boys in their matching green polo shirts today. Connor was more into the photo session than Brayden. And yes, that's spit up on Connor's shirt. He stayed clean for 0.2 seconds after I dressed him. So I kept him in his shirt anyways. That's how we roll these days. Don't judge. And I didn't want to take pics of the boys together since I have been keeping B WAY away from Connor due to the stomach crap he's got going on right now.
eating a banana, one of the few things he has eaten in the past week.
Picnik collage
The littlest one, being cute, like always :)

And yes, Brayden is STILL sick. Thank you for all of the prayers and support. I honestly need them more than anyone right now. I am on the verge of having a mental breakdown. I've been washing laundry, lysoling, disinfecting and mopping for 5 whole days now. It seems there is no end in sight. Just this morning, when I thought we might be in the clear after Brayden had a "normal" diaper, he had 3 "abnormal" diapers afterward. So away we went to the pediatrician's office. Can I just say, that I ABHORE the pediatrician's office when it's for anything other than a well child checkup. I'm so, so, so nervous about all of the germs floating around. And having a toddler who wants to touch EVERYTHING doesn't help my anxiety over the matter. And doesn't it always work out that when you're there at the doctor your kid acts totally normal, is asymptomatic, and then the minute you walk out of the clinic they start running a fever? Yes, that really happened. UNBELIEVABLE. The nurse we saw said that she thinks it's still just a virus that's taking FOREVER to clear up. But she sent me home with a stool sample kit in case B has yet another abnormal diaper. Lovely. Not that scooping the poo will be all that different from trying to keep it in the diaper. The nurse also said that both of Brayden's ears were red and had fluid on them. Brayden hasn't made mention of the fact that his ears hurt, but then again, he has the highest pain tolerance I've ever seen in a child. Since an antibiotic could worsen the, ahem, bottom issues we've been dealing with, we decided to see if some antihistamines will dry up the ears before they become infected. Problem is, when we walked in the door of our house this afternoon after the appointment, B felt warm, and upon taking his temp, he was running a low grade fever. I seriously thought I might cry. B fell asleep on my lap until Drew got home, and then was whiny for the rest of the night. It's obvious he still doesn't feel well. I just feel terrible for him. I'm just praying, praying, praying that we truly are on the mend from this virus, that it really is a virus and not something else we have to chase down to figure out, that I don't have to do a stool sample, and that by some miracle the rest of us in this household don't come down with the stomach crud. Oh, and that Brayden's ears would heal. THAT, would be awesome. So please, please pray. I'll keep you posted as we progress along this journey.

Oh, and just because, a cute pic of two of my boys.

A Dollop of My Life Copyright © 2007 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger