Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend in Review: Sickness Edition

Here I sit on a Sunday evening with not much to report on our weekend front. All due to the fact that I came down with pink eye on top of all the other ailments my poor pregnant body is trying to fight off. I am proud to report however, that last night I actually slept. Like deep sleep, dreaming good dreams, full night's sleep kind of sleep. It was good. My body is so worn out from everything. My eyes are still red and goopy feeling, but we are trying to flush out the infection without antibiotics. I'm thankful for having a friend who is also my optometrist, otherwise I would have already been to some type of urgent care facility to figure out what to do. We did do a few things this weekend...

Friday Drew's dad came up to visit before flying out for a mini-summer vacation. We headed down to a new sushi bar to try out some new cuisine. I was a bit hesitant since we had B with us, but he did remarkably well, and the food was excellent. As if we weren't stuffed enough, we went by Shake's Frozen Custard on the way home and got sundaes to top it off. I decided after that that I was officially in the stage of pregnancy where I have to watch how much I eat or I might get stretch marks... my skin literally felt like it was going to rip open, haha!

Saturday morning I woke up with pink eye. I was SO mad. Just when I finally started kicking all of the allergy problems to the curb, now this? So since Saturday morning I've been flushing my eye out atleast twice an hour. Despite my sickness, my friend Kara had me continue on with a maternity photoshoot that we had planned last minute. She's due in 11 days (she has c-sections), so we were on a literally tight timeline! Kara is beautiful and such an easy subject to photograph, and I had so much fun just laughing and bemoaning about pregnancy problems together. Here are a few sneak peaks from the shoot:


By Saturday evening I was sure my eyes were headed to eyeball hell. Literally there was no white in either of them. We went to bed hoping it would go away. When I woke up this morning my right eye, which had not been that bad the day before, was now just as red. Obviously at this point I couldn't go to church, so Drew and B left me at home and headed on their way. I slept for another hour, then finally woke up and decided that I should take advantage of my empty house. I vacuumed and shampooed Brayden's room, the study and our front hallway, and dusted and vacuumed in the living room, cleaned all the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, and reloaded it... all before they got home. I felt so accomplished, and had a glimpse at what I had forgotten I could achieve in such a short time if I didn't have a 15 month old "helping" me all the time.

I don't really know what we've got going on this week because I don't really know when full health will visit our family again. I am anxious about our ultrasound appointment on Tuesday. It's the BIG one, and I mostly wanting to just hear that this babe growing in my belly is healthy. We still don't really know what we're having, although the other night we were talking about the baby and at the end Drew said "do you realize we just talked about the baby as a 'him' for the past 10 minutes?!" Not sure if it's so much prophetic as it is natural for us to say him when we talk about our child right now since we already have a boy. We've also narrowed girl names down a bit, so it gives me hope that if this babe is a girl, she might have a name by the time she's born :)

I hope everyone has a great week-- we'll have big news later this week, so be sure to check back often :)

A Dollop of My Life Copyright © 2007 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger